Petersen-Nielsen House


This adobe, cross-wing house is covered with scored stucco simulating stone and contains patterned gable shingling and elaborate porch posts. It was originally built by Ole Petersen (1849-1911)and sold to Hans Nielsen (1850-1940)in 1882. Petersen served as mayor and built the Spring City Planing Mill. After the death of his first wife, Ida Neilson (1849-1911), Petersen married Anna Backman Neilsen. Hans Nielson a farmer and stockholder in the Young Men’s Coop Store, built many outbuildings on this lot. In 1906 the house was sold to Joe Schofield who carried the town’s mail and ran a livery stable. The house was eventually purchased by John Davis, and occupied by his son Hugh.

Contact: none


15 Est 200 North
Spring City, UT 84662



Petersen-Nielsen House