Sanpete County Fire Warden
Sanpete County Fire Warden: Thomas Peterson Phone: 435-835-2117
435-835-2191, ask for Thomas or 435-668-2068 cell email@example.com
Utah Fire Info & Restrictions
Wildland Urban Interface Community Survey
The Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands is asking the public to take the above survey. Click on the link.
Careless debris and agricultural burning is a major cause of wildfires every year in Utah. Most people never intend to start a wildfire, but unsafe burning practices can produce disastrous results. Anyone wishing to open burn between June 1st and October 31st must first obtain a permit from the Fire Warden.
Open Burning Procedures
- PERMIT- Get a Permit from the Fire Warden.
- NOTIFY- Notify the Sheriff’s dispatch (835-2345) so they can inform callers.
- PREARE- Be prepared to douse the flames with a shovel or water.
- OUT COLD- Stay near the burn until the coals are cold. (English/Espanol Brochure)
Building Safe Campfires
- Clear campfire site down to bare soil.
- Circle pit with rocks.
- Build away from overhanging branches, steep slopes, dry grass, & leaves.
- Keep a bucket of water and a shovel nearby.
- Never leave a campfire unattended.
- When putting out a campfire, drown the fire, stir it, and drown it again.
- Always have adult supervision.
- Be careful with gas lanterns, barbeque grills, gas stoves, and anything that can be a source of ignition for a wildfire. (English/Espanol Brochure)