Utah ATV & OHV Trails

ATV trail guides and map of the Arapeen Trail, located 2 hours south of Salt Lake City. Trails are side-by-side friendly with hundreds of miles of OHV riding.

The Famed Arapeen OHV Trail!

“We had a blast riding in a wonderful OHV riding area. The beauty and challenging trails blew us away. You have a gem there”. G. Biggs

Ride trails through 750,000 acres of National Forest on the Manti Mountain.

Get Your Guide Here! Digital Maps   or   FREE Paper Map by Mail

The popular Arapeen ATV Trail System, located 2 hours south of Salt Lake City, Utah on Highway 89, is a great family trail with plenty of advanced sections for experienced riders.

The Sanpete Valley has 10 major canyons to explore near the towns of Fairview, Ephraim, & Manti. You can ride up one canyon, travel along the “Skyline”, and come down another.

The Utah Arapeen ATV Trail System is a great place to ride a four wheeler if you want to avoid the crowded canyons closer to the city. Exciting ATV trails can be found up every canyon in Sanpete. Trails are side-by-side (UTV) friendly with hundreds of miles of OHV riding. Although only 350 miles of trail have been designated as the Arapeen Trail System, there are more than 1,000 miles of forest trail in the Central Utah area.

ARAPEEN TRAIL: Ephraim Canyon


The ATV trail system ascends from 6,000 to 10,000 feet (1,829 to 3,048 meters) through aspen and pine forests of the Manti-LaSal National Forest and includes the “Skyline Drive” and trails branching off from it. Skyline Drive is a mountain road that winds for 87 miles along the spine of the Wasatch Plateau and is perhaps one of the highest roads in the nation. From the Skyline you can often see donw both sides of the mountain.

Some routes are passable only by ATVs, UTVs, or Dirt Bikes; others can be traveled in a high-clearance four-wheel drive vehicle. The National Forest is also a great place to camp, fish, hunt, and rock climb.

All ATV and OHV trails are open to hikers, bikers, and horseback riders. On your ride look for Deer, Elk, and other mountain wildlife. Be sure not to miss the colorful summer wildflowers! Photo Location: 12-Mile Canyon

Primitive backcountry camping is allowed so find a nice location in a grove of trees and set up camp. Motor vehicle use off of designated roads and trails for the purpose of dispersed camping is permitted for up to 150 feet from the centerline of the road or trail.

West Side ATV Routes: Log, Maple, & Wales Canyons

The road to Log Canyon is located approximately 1.7 miles north of Fountain Green City on Highway 132. Maple Canyon is located Northwest of Moroni City. Look for road signs to Maple Canyon on the West end of Moroni or on the South end of Fountain Green. To ATV the Big Hollow area, head east in Ft. Green on 100 North. The Water Hollow ATV trail leaves Highway 132 approximately 3.5 miles north of Ft. Green. The Big Hollow/ Water Hollow loop is a low altitude ride (6,300-7,400 feet) that can be done when snow covers higher elevations.

Non-resident OHV Permits

Owners of OHVs, brought into Utah by non-residents, may need a non-resident permit for their machine. Many states offer reciprocity, meaning there is a mutual agreement between states not to charge non-residents fees. Utah has reciprocity with most western states- with the exception of Colorado and Wyoming. To see if you need a permit visit the Utah State Parks web page. Permits can be purchased locally at:

Authorized Vendor:AddressCityPhone
Maverik Country Store89 North MainEphraim(425) 283-6057
Palisade State Park2200 Palisade RdSterling(435) 835-6676

Utah OHV Riding Rules & Regulations

To drive an ATV on public lands in Utah you must be at least 8 years of age. Riders between the age of 8 and 15 must obtain an OHV Education Certificate issued by the Utah State Parks and Recreation or comparable from their home state. Riders 16 years of age or older must have either a drivers license or an approved education certificate. Online Education Course

All riders younger than 18, riding on a public highway not limited to OHV use, must be under the direct supervision of someone 18 years of age or older. Supervisors must be within 300 feet, have visual contact, and be able to advise or assist the rider.

A properly fastened helmet having a DOT approved safety rating is required for all OHV operators and passengers under the age of 18.

Travel ONLY on designated roads and trails. Do no travel cross-country.

It is illegal for anyone to operate an OHV in a way that damages the environment, including, air, land, water, watershed, plant, or animal life.

Can I ride my OHV on Local City Streets?

Yes, you can ride your ATV right from your Motel up the canyon on city streets! There are 2 rules, however, you need to follow: 1. Keep your speed to 15 MPH or less, & 2. You can’t ride down Main Street. It is illegal to ride on a state highway unless your machine is street legal. Also, all roads owned, maintained, or operated by Sanpete County are open to general off-highway vehicle use.

Area ATV Pictures

National Forest Map


Manti-LaSal National Forest Paper Map

Price: $10.00

Scale: 1/2" to the Mile

Purchase Map Online

ATV Jamboree, August 13-15, 2015


Bring family and friends and ride the Arapeen OHV Trail System- one of the most scenic mountain trails in Utah. ATV/ UTV riders will see pristine vistas, courtesy of local guides, on intermediate and advanced trails. OHV trails run from an altitude of 5,600ft. to over 10,000 feet.

Manti Mountain ATV Run Website

Rent an ATV to ride the Arapeen Trail

Big Pine Sports in Fairview

Big Pine Sports

Website: Click Here

Address: 340 N Milburn Rd., PO Box 66, Fairview, UT 84629

Phone: (435) 427-3338

Skyline Recreation ATV Rental in Sterling

Skyline Recreation ATV Rental

Website: Click Here

Address: 88 North Main Street, Sterling, UT 84665

Phone: (435) 851-2288

Mobile/Other: (801) 598-8060

Related Downloads