In 1852, James Allred and his sons were sent from Manti to settle in Canal Creek. With so many Allreds in the area, it isn’t surprising that the first name was Allred Settlement.
With the outbreak of the Wakara War hostilities in July 1853, Hambleton settlers on Pleasant Creek retreated to the Allred Settlement and pleas for reinforcements brought 50 Danish families via Salt Lake. The village was sacked, and settlers removed to Manti and soon helped establish Fort Ephraim. When they finally returned in 1859, the agreed on the name Spring City. It’s an appropriate name, since the spring in the center of town always runs. The city is on the National Register of Historic Places. Spring City was highlighted on Forbes.com’s list of America’s Prettiest Towns on 4/15/20010.
150 E Center, Spring City, UT 84662 435-462-2244Historic Spring City, Utah Website