James Anderson House

Description:

Built in the late 1880’s, this well preserved house combines an older, formal house form with emerging Victorian detailing. The symmetrical, one-and-one-half-story, central passage design with three wall dormers hearkens back to early American forms, brought to Utah and modified by Mormon pioneers. The two-colored brick trim and lathe-turned porch columns are Victorian features.

Originally coming from Scotland in 1860, James Anderson married Hannah M. Cheney and became a successful Fairview merchant and prosperous farmer. He ultimatley acquired 70 acres of land and 3,000 sheep. He was a member of the city council, sat on the board of Fairview State Bank, was president of the Fairview Co-op, director of the Union Roller Mills and a stockholder in the local creamery.

Contact: none

Address:

15 South 200 East
Fairview, UT 84629

Phone:

E-mail:

James Anderson House