Gunnison Valley Bank


Built in 1909, The Gunnison Bank is a stately, two-story brick commercial structure with a sandstone foundation. The original bank occupies a key corner on Main Street. It features large, square picture windows along the main floor with round-arched windows directly above on the second level. The cornice is tall and well-articulated with classical trim. Brick pilasters topped with classical capitals add to the building’s dignified expression.

The gunnison Valley Bank was incorporated in 1909 with a capital stock of $25,000. Byu 1946 its deposits had reached $2,000,000. The first bank president was O.B. Berglund, assisted by cashier J.T. Jones. The bank became a member of the Federal Reserve in 1916 and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation in 1933. It was the first bank in Utah to establish a matching, dollar-for-dollar loan program to support development of the turkey production industry in the 1920’s and ’30’s. The bank was remodeled in 1956 and recently remodeled again, given a compatible addition in keeping with the original style.

Contact: Paul Andersen


10 S Main
P.O. Box 220
Gunnison, UT 84634

Phone: 435-528-7221

E-mail: Click to send

Gunnison Valley Bank Gunnison Valley Bank