John Frantzen House

Description:

This one and one half story hall-parlor house was built by John Franzten (1837-1905). It is one of the few remaining adobe houses along Main Street. A Mormon convert, Frantzen immigrated from Norway in 1857, settling first in Lehi, then Spring City in 1860. Active in the LDS church as first counselor to the Spring City bishop for 15 years, he was a practicing polygamist with two wives and served a jail term for cohabitation. It is likely that one room of the house served as the first store in town.

Contact: none

Address:

73 South Main
Spring City, UT 84662

Phone:

E-mail:

John Frantzen House