Paul & Charles Kofford House

Description:

One of Spring City’s earliest stone houses it was built for Paul E. Kofford (1813-1891) (aka Koffoed) by stonemason Peter Olsen Hansen (1850-1926). Kofford, a Dane, was as a translator between Scandinavian immigrants in Spring City and the English speaking pioneers. He had learned English during his early career as a sea captain. The house plan is uncommon with a front facing parlor followed by two rooms at the rear. Paul’s son Charles acquired the house and resided there for many years. The house was renovated and restored in 2005.

Contact: none

Address:

11 East 100 South
Spring City, UT 84642

Phone:

E-mail:

Paul & Charles Kofford House