James Anderson Allred House

Description:

This two-story, Federal style frame house, was built in 1874 by James Anderson Allred (1819-1904), nephew of the town’s founder. It is a central-passage plan, unusual in Spring City, and it has a rear addition. The redwood lumber siding was freighted in from California. Allred served as bishop from 1882 until his death in 1904. He was also the first mayor of Spring City. Two of Allred’s wives, Elizabeth Parkis (1823-1892) and Mary Ann Pollard (1846-1930)raised six children in the house. Adjacent to the residence is a stone root cellar and a wood frame “inside out” granary both dating from the 1870s. The house was purchased by William Osborne and is still in the Osborne family.

Contact: none

Address:

297 South 100 West
Spring City, UT 84662

Phone:

E-mail:

James Anderson Allred House