Ephraim Bank

Description:

The bank was organized on November 18, 1905. On December 18, 1905 it was officially registered by Sanpete County and a Utah State Charter was granted on December 30, 1905. The opening must have occured after January 7, 1906 in the building now occupied by the Anderson Drug Store. On February 2, 1906 the question of a new building was raised. The work on this building started by obtaining the land from J.F. McCafferty and was completed in December 1907 at a cost of not more than $7,000.00. There was a ladies millinery and dress shop in the basement and the U.S. Department of Agriculture and Attorney Hansen were given office space upstairs. The Bank of Ephraim is now the home of Far West Bank.

Contact: none

Address:

2 North Main
Ephraim, UT 84627

Phone:

E-mail:

Ephraim Bank