Emil Erickson House

Description:

This one and one half story Victorian Eclectic cross-wing house, with fish scale shingles in the gables, was constructed of oolitic limestone in 1888. The rubble stone was coursed and pointed with raised mortar to approximate cut stone masonry. Emil Erickson (1858-1936), a Swedish immigrant, was the original owner and builder. He sold the house when he was elected county recorder. Erickson, a farmer and carpenter, helped build the house with masons J. P. Carlson (1848-1927)and John Bohlin (1844-1924). Erickson opened a store in 1889, Erickson’s General Store. It merged with the Young Men’s Co-op in 1897 and Erickson became manager. He also had an interest in a local planing mill, an opera house, and was a city councilman. The house was bought by Rasmus (1857-1914)and Christine Strate (1869-1955) in the early 1900s. Craig and M’Lisa Paulsen purchased and restored the house in the 1970s and added an adjacent stone cabin and furnace room.

Contact: none

Address:

119 West 200 North
Spring City, UT 84662

Phone:

E-mail:

Emil Erickson House