Spring City Old City Hall & DUP Museum

Description:

HOURS:
MON. THROUGH SUN. 10 AM TO 1 PM.
OR by Appointment call:
Mary Gavrila – 435-462-0007.

This is one of the few surviving vernacular civic buildings remaining in Sanpete County. Built in 1893 of oolitic limestone it is a temple form building with Greek Revival influence complete with a bell tower. The builders included masons: Jens D. Carlson (1848-1927), Jens. J. Sorensen , John F. Bohlin (1844-1924), and carpenters: William Downard and Marinus Mortensen. The building was used as a schoolhouse until 1900 when the large public school was opened. Two municipal bands used it as a practice hall. It served as the city hall until 1988 when this function was moved to the old Junior high school. It is now the D. U. P. Museum. Behind the building is an old jailhouse.

Contact: Andrea B. Loomis

Address:

46 North Main
Spring City, UT 84662

Phone: 435-462-9790
Mobile: 435-462-0007

E-mail: Click to send

Spring City Old City Hall & DUP Museum Spring City Old City Hall & DUP Museum