Fountain Green Bishop's Storehouse

Description:

Built in 1906, this is one of 28 still extant, well-preserved tithing buildings in Utah designed from one of at least three standard plans. It is almost identical to the design of the Ephraim, Spring City, and Fairview tithing offices. One half of the facade consists of an arched porch set in the northeast corner; the other half has three windows. This is a one-story building with tall sandstone foundation and red brick walls plus a pyramid-shaped hip roof. A carved stone inscription plaque distinguishes it from its neighbors. The building is very well-preserved and has undergone some careful restoration. Bishop C.J. Christensen had this building constructed at a cost of $2300. He managed this tithing office between the 1850’s and 1910. It was also used as women’s Relief Society building. Vacant during the 1950’s it is now used by the Daughter of the Utah Pioneers.

Contact: none

Address:

14 South State Street
Ft. Green, UT 84632

Phone:

E-mail:

Fountain Green Bishop's Storehouse