Arthur Johnson Meat Market-1905

Description:

Best remembered after 1916 as the Arthur Johnson Meat Market this small brick building was actually built in 1905 by Alvin E. Allred (1828-1921). Arthur Johnson (1883-1969)was the son of Judge Jacob Johnson. The store is now home to Joe Bennion’s Horseshoe Mountain Pottery. The building is a two-part block, false front commercial structure. The building’s gambrel roof replaced an earlier gable roof. Several potter’s kilns are located behind the building.

Contact: none

Address:

278 South Main
Spring City, UT 84662

Phone:

E-mail:

Arthur Johnson Meat Market-1905