Bishop's Storehouse

Description:

Almost every Mormon settlement had a bishop’s storehouse. Church members tithed ten percent of their income. Usually they paid with “in-kind” donations such as eggs, flour, and beef. In turn, those in need went to the bishop at the storehouse to receive necessary items. Built in 1905, the yellow brick building has two front doors under the portico and a cupola resembling a beehive on the roof. The building is still in use today as a distribution point for goods to needy members of the LDS Church.

Contact: none

Address:

100 North Main
Manti, UT 84642

Phone:

E-mail:

Bishop's Storehouse