Designed by A.E. Merriam this building was constructed between 1873-1882. It is an excellent example of the Italianate sytle rarely found outside Salt Lake City. Fine Italianate details such as box-like massing, low-pitched hipped roof, columned portico and decorative bracketed eaves make it the only surviving example of the style in public structure in Sanpete County.
The plan has four equal size rooms on each floor, with a central passageway staircase. Under the stucco lies finrly tooled limestone. It is hoped that the exterior will one day be restored to its historic appearance. The construction costs total about $1,100. It is one of the oldest city halls remaining Utah.
The building is now used as a Manti Museum, Social Hall, and office of Sanpete County Economic Development & Travel and Tourism and houses a visitor’s information center.
191 North Main Street
Manti, UT 84642